Due to the success of previous Party in the Park events the PIP Working Committee and Parish Council have agreed to support local causes with the profit we have made. The first family fun day back in 2013 made a small profit which allowed us to purchase a bench for the Recreation Ground. This year we are open to suggestions on areas to support.
We would like YOUR help in deciding who will benefit from the money. We’d like to hear your suggestions, recommendations and please tell us a little bit about why your cause deserves funding.
There is a Facebook poll open for your suggestions, you can comment on this post with your ideas, or if you would prefer please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d love to hear from you.
Suggestions so far on Facebook include:
- OAP Christmas Dinner
- Inclusive play equipment at school (suitable for SEN)
- Fund something for school (of their choosing)
- Christmas dinner for the homeless and single people
- Community tidy up day (litter pick/weeding)
- AED for the park
- Commemorative coins for Creech school children
- Notice board at recreation park
- A climbing area, with sand below – like Vivary park
We’ve had a few suggestions for adult fitness equipment and SEN accessible equipment. The Parish Council have a draft Leisure Plan, this includes adult all weather gym equipment and inclusive play equipment. So both of these will be added to the park in due course.